How do I register or sign up?
You do not have to sign up to browse the jobs on thingamajob.com. An account is required, however, to apply for jobs, submit your resume, and to view your job alert list. If you want to create a thingamajob.com account, click on Create An Account.
What is a user ID?
Your user ID is the valid e-mail address that you used when you created your thingamajob.com account.
Why must I provide an e-mail address?
An e-mail address is required so you may be contacted when you apply for jobs and when you receive hits from job alerts. Your e-mail address is also your username when you create your thingamajob.com account.
What if I do not have an e-mail address?
If you do not have an e-mail address, you can still browse our database for career opportunities.
How should I select a password?
Select a password that you will easily remember. Your password:
- Must be 8-16 characters
- Must include an upper case character
- Must include a lower case character
- Must include a number
- Must include at least one of the following characters:
~ ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ - + =
- Cannot include the last 5 passwords
I forgot my password. What do I do?
When you enter a screen that requires a password, click on the Forgot Password button. Enter your e-mail address and click on the Click to Reset my Password button. Thingamajob.com will send you an e-mail in just minutes. Click the link in the email and you will be taken to Thingamajob's Recover Your Password screen.
I've changed my e-mail address. What do I do?
If you've changed your e-mail address, you must login with your current thingamajob.com email address and edit your account information with your new email address.
How will I be notified about job openings that I am qualified for?
When you create a job alert, thingamajob.com automatically notifies you when a company posts a job that matches your criteria.
Are there any hidden charges or fees to using thingamajob.com?
No. thingamajob.com is a free career service.
Will I be able to update or delete my resume at any time?
Yes, you can update or delete your resume at any time.
To delete, click on the Delete Resume button on the Online
Resume screen. To update:
- Go to the Online Resume screen. The screen displays your current resume.
- Copy the existing resume by highlighting the resume, right-clicking on the highlighted resume, and selecting Copy from the pop-up menu.
- Click on Copy-Paste Resume. The Copy-Paste Resume screen displays.
- In the blank box, paste the copied resume by right-clicking in the box and selecting Paste.
- This text block will accept the equivalent of about
10 pages (or more depending on the number of words) of text. It will be saved in an ASCII format.
- Text with bold, underlines, italics, fancy or large
characteristics will be accepted but only as ASCII text and thus these formats will not appear in their original
- If you are having trouble pasting your resume, try a few paragraphs at a time.
- Or, save your resume under a common word processor using
either .txt (Text) or .asc (ASCII) format under the "Save As" feature.
- If you are still not pleased with the format of your
resume, don't worry! We look for experience and content rather than the look and feel of the resume.
- Update the resume as necessary.
- Click on Submit Resume. The View Resume screen displays.
Can I upload a resume?
Yes, you can upload a resume. Keep in mind that you can either upload a resume or edit a resume on Thingamajob.com. The site keeps the most current version of your resume, but not multiple versions.
Thingamajob.com supports the following file types:
1. Go to the Post Your Resume screen. The box on the screen displays the text of your current resume.
2. Under Upload Resume, click the Browse button.
3. Browse to the resume file you want to upload and click Open. The name of the file displays in the
Resume Name box.
4. Click the Upload button. Once your file is uploaded, a preview of the resume displays. You can click
the Show More bar to view more of the resume.
5. Click Continue. The Thank You screen displays. Your resume is uploaded and available on
Can I replace, download, print, or delete a resume I uploaded?
Yes, you can replace, download, print, or delete a resume you uploaded.
- To delete your resume, go click My Thingamajob and under the Resume section, click Delete Resume. When you are prompted about whether or not you want to delete your resume, click Delete Resume.
- To replace your resume, go to My Thingamajob and under the Resume section, click Upload Resume, and then follow the steps you used to upload your original resume to replace the resume on Thingamajob.com with a newer version of your resume.
- To download a copy of your resume, go to My Thingamajob and under the Resume section and click Download Resume. When the Open or Save prompt displays, click Open to open the file or Save to select a location and save a copy of your resume on your computer.
- To print your resume, go to My Thingamajob and under the Resume section, click Print Resume. When the Print prompt displays, click Print.
What is a job alert? How does it work?
A job alert is a tool that automatically notifies you by e-mail of available jobs that match job search criteria you establish on the Job Alert screen.
How long does my resume remain on thingamajob.com? My account?
You can delete your resume and account at any time by clicking on the Delete Account button on the Account Information screen. Your resume is automatically deleted when you delete your account.
How can I save a resume that I created in thingamajob.com?
You can save a resume that you created in thingamajob.com by doing the following:
- Click on Online Resume. The View Resume screen displays.
- Click on Edit Resume. The Copy-Paste Resume screen displays.
- Highlight the resume.
- Copy the resume (press CTRL+C or click the right mouse button and select Copy).
- Open a text editor such as Notepad, Microsoft Word, or WordPerfect.
- Paste the resume (press CTRL+V or click the right mouse button and select Paste).
- Save the resume in the text editor.
- You can also email the resume to yourself by clicking on the Email to Yourself button on the View Resume screen.
Can I post more than one resume?
No. You can only post one resume per account.
Who can I call with a question about a job?
Each job posting contains the phone number and e-mail address of a contact. You may contact that person with any questions about the job posting.
Does thingamajob.com only offer temporary positions?
No. thingamajob.com offers both temporary and permanent positions.
Are entry-level opportunities posted on thingamajob.com?
thingamajob.com offers job postings for all levels of employment.
With what size companies can I be placed?
thingamajob.com offers job opportunities with companies of all sizes.
Is my resume and account confidential? I don't want my current employer to see.
Yes. Your information is completely confidential. thingamajob.com does not sell or distribute your information to anyone.
Do I need an account to search for a job?
No. You can search for jobs without a user account. However, if you want to apply for a job, you must have a valid user account.
Does thingamajob.com offer jobs overseas?
thingamajob.com primarily lists opportunities in North America. For more information on European opportunities please visit www.aerotek.co.uk or www.teksystems.co.uk
How can I post jobs on thingamajob.com?
Jobs listed on thingamajob.com are from companies that are members of the Allegis Group family only. If you have staffing needs, please visit their websites directly. Click here to find out more information on some of the nations leading staffing agencies.